Delicious moong dal ke mongode are a deep-fried tea-time snack which
When my mummy use to make this crispy moong dal ke mongode she uses to always make sweet gulgule (meetha pua) along with it. This combination was my parents’ favourite monsoon snack, and of course my siblings and I are also very fond of this delicacy.
Recipe to make moong dal mongode is very simple and easy.
- Moong dal (green gram dal) – 1
- Saunf (fennel seeds) – 1
- Hing (asafoetida) – 1 pinch
mirch(red chilli)powder – 1 tsp
- Garam masala powder – ¼ tsp
- Green chilli – 2
- Ginger – ½”piece
Handfull of fresh coriander leaves. Saltaccording to taste.
- Sufficient refined oil for frying
- Rinse and soak moong dal in sufficient water for 3 to 4 hours.
- Drain the water from the dal.
- Put moong dal in a mixer jar.
lal mirchpowder, saunf, hing, garam masala powder, salt, green chilli, ginger and fresh coriander leaves and grind it into a smooth coarse batter.
- Transfer dal batter to the bowl.
- Heat oil in a kadhai (wok).
- Add 1 tsp hot oil to the batter and mix properly.
- In medium hot oil put small
mongodewith the help of a spoon and fry until golden in colour.
mongodeon absorbent paper.
- Crispy and crunchy moong dal
mongodeare ready to serve.
- Serve hot-hot moong dal
mongodewith khajur aur imli ki chutney (saunth), hara dhaniya chutney and adrak wali chai (ginger tea)