Ingredients for 2 to 3 servings
- Sem (flat beans ) – 250 gm
- Aloo (potato) – 2 medium
- Green chilli – 1
- Mustard oil or refined oil – 1 tbsp
- Jeera (cumin seeds) – ½ tsp
- Hing (asafoetida) – 1 pinch
- Haldi (turmeric powder) – ¼ tsp
- Lal mirch (red chilli powder) – 3/4 tsp
- Dhania (coriander powder) – 1 tbsp
- Amchoor (dry mango powder- 1 tsp
- Salt according to taste .
- Rinse and peel the potatoes and cut into cubes.
- Rinse flat beans, remove hard strings and chop into small pieces.
- Slit green chilli or chop it finely.
- Heat oil in kadhai (wok), put cumin seeds and when it sizzles, put green chilli and asafoetida and saute it for few a seconds.
- Now add flat beans and potato, put turmeric powder and salt, mix properly.
- Cover the kadhai with the lid and cook vegetables on low flame.
- Keep stirring occasionally and cook until vegetables are cooked.
- Now put red chilli powder, coriander powder and dry mango powder. Mix well until masalas coat the vegetables.
- Cook for two minutes and switch off the flame.
- Transfer sabzi to the serving bowl.
Serving idea –
- Aloo sem ki sabzi is a perfect accompaniment with phulka, paratha and dal chawal.