The recipe to make soft and fluffy ladi pav bun is very easy and making them at home is fun.
Ingredients for 28 to 30 pav buns –
- Maida ( all purpose flour ) – 1/2 kg
- Milk powder – 1 tea cup
- Baking powder – 1/2 tsp
- Yeast – 2 tsp
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Sugar – 2 tsp
- Curd – 4 tbsp
- Butter – 2 tbsp
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Warm milk – 200 ml
- Warm water -100 ml
- 1 tbsp milk or butter to brush.
- Take maida and milk powder in a bowl and mix properly.
- Make a well in the centre of this mix and add baking powder, yeast, salt, sugar and curd.
- Mix thoroughly to combine all the ingredients.
- Take milk in a pan, add butter and heat it till butter melts and in another pan take water and heat it till it is warm.
- Knead the flour mixture with the warm milk, add water as required and knead the dough till it is soft and sticky.
- Apply some oil on the palm and continue kneading and punching the dough for 7 to 8 minutes, add 2 tbsp oil little by little as you knead the dough. Soon, the dough will become soft and smooth.
- Apply some oil on the dough and keep it in the covered bowl for 2 to 3 hours in the warm place.
- Once the dough rises, take it out and press/gently punch it with your greased palm for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Divide the dough into equal portions and shape it as pav buns. Arrange them in the greased baking tray maintaining some distance in between them.
- Cover the tray with a clean kitchen towel and keep in a warm place for 45 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200-degree centigrade with the lower rack in it.
- Brush the buns with milk and keep the baking tray in the oven. Bake the buns till they are evenly brown on top; it took 17 minutes in my oven.
- Take out the baking tray and brush some butter on the buns to get a soft and smooth texture.
- Cool the buns on a wire a rack.
- Delicious homemade ladi pav buns are ready to serve with bhaji.
- If making during winter, cover the dough and keep in a warm place along with hot water next to it.