Summer season is here and so are juicy, sweet mangoes! While the market is full of many mango drinks, they are mostly infused with artificial colors, chemical preservatives and artificial mango flavor too!
My recipe of ‘khatti meethi’ refreshing mango frooty is made with only fresh, natural ingredients and is therefore perfect to beat the heat, without feeling guilty about the harmful chemicals! This refreshing drink is best enjoyed when had with entire family 😊
By adding a few Indian spices to this drink, we can make a home-made version of yummy masala ‘Mango Frooty’. The recipe is very easy, so whenever you want to drink ‘Frooty’, you can make it fresh at home instantly. Since the recipe involves no chemical flavours, the drink can be stored for only 2-3 days in the refrigerator.
Ingredients for 5 to 6 servings
- Ripe mango cubes – 2 cup
- Raw mango cubes – 1 cup
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Put ripe and raw cubes in a pressure cooker, add 250 ml water and sugar to it and put on the lid for it to cook.
- After 2 whistles, switch off the flame and let the mixture cool down.
- Now blend the mixture in mixer-grinder, and sieve it.
- Add 400 to 500 ml water to this mixture and stir it well.
- Keep in refrigerator for 5 to 6 hours. Serve it chilled, if necessary add few ice cubes and enjoy cool cool mango ‘Frooti’
Ingredients for masala Mango Frooty:
- Home made Mango Frooty – 750 ml
- Black salt – 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
- Roasted jeera powder – 1/2 tsp
- Take home made mango drink in the bowl.
- Add black salt, black pepper powder and roasted jeera powder to it and stir the mixture.
- Serve it chilled.