In English, pudina is called mint. It a herb which is full of nutrition and has a number of health benefits. Pudina is an appetizer and body cleanser. It helps in digestion and soothes stomach in case of indigestion. It is a natural antioxidant and a natural breath freshener. Pudina has a refreshing flavor and a cool taste thus it is added to various recipes to enhance its flavor. Pudina ka raita is a perfect accompaniment with all the fasting and non-fasting dishes.
Recipe of delicious pudina raita is very easy and simple.
Ingredients for 2 servings
- Fresh thick curd – 1 tea cup
- Pudina leaves – 1/4 tea cup
- Green chilli – 1
- Roasted jeera powder – 1/4 tsp
- Red chilli powder – 1/8 tsp
- Sendha namak (rock salt) according to taste
- Remove the stems from the pudina leaves and rinse it.
- Take thick fresh curd in a bowl and whisk it.
- Grind pudina leaves and green chilli into a smooth paste along with 1 tbsp curd.
- Combine this mixture with whisked curd, now add roasted jeera powder, red chilli powder and salt. Mix well.
- Keep in refrigerator and serve chilled.