To make delicious laddus we need coarse /mota besan (coarse besan is ideal for laddus), desi ghee, bura (fine-grained sugar), cardamom powder, and badam.
Recipe to make besan ke laddus is very simple and easy. Besan is roasted in desi ghee until its color changes to golden-yellow and a nice aroma is obtained. Then badam and cardamom powder is added for a nutty taste and a mild flavor. Finally, bura is combined and the mixture is shaped into laddus.
Ingredients for 30 to 32 laddus –
- Mota besan (coarse chickpea flour) – 5 tea cup
- Melted ghee (clarified butter) – 1 +1/2 tea cup
- Bura (fine-grained sugar) – 2+1/2 tea cup
- Elaichi (cardamom powder) – 1/2 tsp
- Badam (almond ) – 15 to 20
- Sieve besan
- Chop badam, reserve 1/2 tsp chopped badam for garnishing.
- Heat one tea cup ghee in a heavy bottom kadhai (wok)
- Add besan, keep stirring and roast besan on a medium/ lower flame.
- Roast besan until colour changes to golden-yellow and a nice aroma is obtained.
- Switch off the flame.
- Now add chopped badam and elaichi powder, and mix well.
- Transfer the mixture to other plate and let it cool.
- When the mixture is still slightly warm, add bura and 1/2 tea cup desi ghee, mix well.
- To make laddus, take some mixture in hands and bind it into lemon sized round ball and keep rolling until the surface becomes smooth.
- Garnish the laddus with chopped badam and keep in a plate.
- Laddus are ready to enjoy with family and friends.
- When laddus are completely cool, store them in an air tight container.