Ingredients for 3 to 4 servings –
- Boiled potato (aloo) – 5 to 6 medium size
- Mustard oil – 1 tbsp
- Cumin (jeera)seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Asafetida (hing) – 1 pinch
- Turmeric(haldi)powder -1/4tsp
- Red chilli (lal mirchi) powder-1/2 tsp
- Coriander(dhania)powder – 1 tbsp
- Amchoor(mango)powder – 1/2 tsp
- Green chillies – 1 or 2
- Fresh coriander leaves for garnishing.
- Salt according to taste.
- Peel and crumble aloo into medium size pieces.
- Slit green chillies.
- Chop coriander leaves.
- Heat oil in a kadhai, add jeera. When jeera sizzles, add green chillies and
hing. Saute it.
- Now add potatoes, h
aldi,lal mirch, dhania, amchoor and salt, mix well and cook for two minutes on a slow flame. Stir it occasionally, switch off the flame.
- Transfer jeera aloo to the serving bowl and garnish with fresh coriander.