Nutritious, healthy, colourful, flavourful and delicious fried rice is loaded with goodness of many seasonal vegetables, you can add all your favourite seasonal vegetables to this dish.
Always use fresh vegetables to make fried rice, which are a good source of vitamins, minerals, folates and dietary fibre. Freshness and crispness of fresh vegetables enhances the taste and look of the dish.
If all the ingredients are ready and handy, you can cook fried rice very quickly for lunch box, lunch and dinner and the recipe is very simple and easy.
Ingredients for 2 to 3 servings-
- Basmati rice – 1 tea cup
- Desi ghee or olive oil – 2 tbsp
- Star anise, – 1
- Green chilli – 1 ( slit or chop finely)
- Soya sauce – 1 tsp
- Vinegar – 1 tbsp
- Sugar – ½ tsp
- Freshly crushed pepper – ½ tsp
- Peas – ½ tea cup
- Sweet corn – ½ tea cup
- Finely chopped Beans – ½ tea cup
- Finely chopped carrot – ½ tea cup
- Finely chopped cauliflower- ½ tea cup
- Finely chopped capsicum – ½ tea cup
- Salt according to taste.
- Wash rice 3 to 4 times and soak in sufficient water for 15 minutes.
- Drain water from the rice.
- Boil 4 to 5
tea cupsof water.
- Put rice in boiling water, add ½ tsp oil, this will prevent sticking of rice.
- Once the rice is cooked to al dente, switch off the flame.
- Drain rice in a colander and cool it completely.
- Heat a wok (kadhai) on high flame.
- Put desi ghee or olive oil in it.
- Put star anise and green chilli, saute for a few seconds and a wonderful aroma will be obtained.
- Now add all the veggies (except capsicum) and fry for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Now add rice
,soyasauce, vinegar ,salt, sugar, crushed pepper and capsicum.
- Mix everything well and cook for 1 or 2 minutes and switch off the flame.
- Transfer vegetable fried rice to the serving bowl.
- Delicious and colourful vegetable fried rice is ready to serve.
- Always take fresh vegetables to make fried rice.
- Fry vegetables and rice on high flame, this infuses a smoky flavour to the dish.
- Addition of sugar cuts down the pungent taste of the vinegar.
- Increase or decrease green chilli and pepper as per your palate.
- Increase or decrease the number of vegetables as per your liking.
- While adding salt, remember soya sauce is also salty.