This Makar Sankranti make traditional til gud ki barfi at home with this simple recipe. Til and gud are very healthy and nutritional and keep the body warm in winter.
- Sesame seeds prevent diabetes, lower blood pressure, build strong bones, improve heart health, supports digestion, lowers cholesterol, prevents cancer, prevents wrinkles on the skin and is good for over all eye and skin health.
- Sesame seeds are a rich source of calcium, copper, manganese, magnesium, iron, tryptophan, zinc, fiber, thiamin, vitamin B6, phosphorus, protein, etc.
Tip: Crushed sesame seeds are more easily digested.
Ingredients to make 20 to 24 barfi pieces:
- Til (sesame seeds) – 2 tea cup
- Gud (jaggery) – 1 tea cup
- Desi ghee – 1 tbsp
- Cardamom powder- 1/4 tsp
- In a heavy bottom kadhai, roast til on medium flame till it turns light brown in colour.
- Transfer the roasted til to a plate.
- Heat desi ghee in the same kadhai, add gud and keep stirring till it melts. Switch off the flame.
- Now add roasted til and cardamom powder.
- Mix well and immediately transfer the mixture to a greased plate and spread it evenly.
- To spread the mixture in, use a greased bowl.
- Immediately put cut marks. As barfi cools, it hardens.
- When barfi is still warm, remove each piece and keep on another plate.
- After barfi cools down completely, store in an airtight container.