Til (sesame seeds) – 500 gm
Sugar – 375 gm
Water – 125 ml
Elaichi powder – 1/4 tsp
Chopped badam – 10 to 15
Desi ghee to grease the tray
1. In heavy bottom kadhai /wok, dry roast the til until light brown, cool and then churn roughly in the mixer-grinder.
2. Grease a tray with desi ghee.
3. Heat kadhai, put sugar and water in it, keep stirring till it starts to boil. Continue to boil this mixture for 30 seconds after which switch off the flame and now mix the churned til and elaichi powder to it. Evenly mix everything.
4. Transfer this mixture to the greased tray, softly press with fingers and set the barfi (keep the thickness of half inch) and garnish with chopped badam.
5. When mixture cools down, cut the buarfi with knife and leave as-is for two hours.
6. Gently remove the barfi piece-by-piece and store in an air tight container.
Health benefits of til (sesame seeds):
- Sesame seeds prevent diabetes, lower blood pressure, build strong bones, improve heart health, supports digestion, lowers cholesterol, prevents cancer, prevents wrinkles on the skin and is good for over all eye and skin health.
- Sesame seeds are a rich source of calcium, copper, manganese, magnesium, iron, tryptophan, zinc, fiber, thiamin, vitamin B6, phosphorus, protein, etc.
Tip: Crushed sesame seeds are more easily digested.