With festive season comes loads and loads of mithai! If you are bored with Diwali ki mithai and want to try something new and tasty, this recipe is for you!
Diwali is the festival when we make many many sweets and after two or three days everyone gets bored of those festive sweets. But don’t worry, we can give a fresh touch to the neglected leftover sweets and no one will be able to guess what you have done 😉
This Diwali, I made moong dal ki barfi and brought some motichoor ke laddu from the sweet shop but just after two days no one was ready to eat either the barfi or the laddu. My family wanted something else and so I tried this new way to serve the leftover mithai and everyone loved it. I presented it in shot glasses and that added to the experience.
The recipe to make this unique dessert with moong dal ki barfi and motichoor laddu is very simple and easy.
Ingredients – For 2 to 3 shot glasses.
- Moong dal barfi – 2
- Motichoor laddu-1
- Kaju (cashewnuts) – 2 to 3
- Badam(almonds) – 2 to 3
- Kishmish(raisins) – 6 to 8
- Little cardamom powder to sprinkle.
- Chop kaju and badam.
- Take moong dal ki barfi and motichoor ka laddu in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave it for 30 seconds.
- Crumble the barfi and laddu in two different bowls.
- After crumbling the barfi, add 2 tbsp milk to it and cook it on slow flame till everything combines together. Switch off the flame and sprinkle little cardamom powder and mix well.
- After crumbling motichoor ka laddu,, add 2 tbsp milk to it and cook on a slow flame till everything combines together. Switch off the flame and sprinkle some cardamom powder on it and mix well.
- Take shot glasses and arrange crumbled motichoor laddu and barfi in layers and garnish with chopped kaju, badam and kishmish.
- Delicious dessert is ready! Serve it hot.