Cake is everyone’s favourite and we don’t need a reason to eat cake! When cake is made with healthy and nutritional ingredients everyone can relish it without guilt. Cake is usually made with maida (all purpose flour) but I have used aata (whole wheat flour) which is always better and a healthier option over maida. I have given one more healthy twist to this cake by mixing grated carrot to the batter and by sprinkling some grated carrot on top of the cake. This makes the cake look very attractive and takes away the need to decorate the cake with sugar-based icing, etc.
This healthy and delicious cake can be relished on any occasion and it’s the best option for kids’ mini lunch box. They can enjoy eating this cake in their short lunch breaks.
The recipe is very easy and simple.
- For measuring ingredients, I have used a normal teacup of 150 ml.
- For baking, I have used the baking dish of 25 cms.
- Aata ( whole wheat flour ) – 2 tea cup
- Milk powder – 1 tea cup
- Sugar powder – 1 tea cup
- Finely grated carrot – 1 tea cup + 1 tbsp
- Fresh milk cream ( malai) – 3/4 tea cup
- Curd ( dahi ) – 1/2 tea cup
- Milk – 3/4 to 1 tea cup
- Baking powder – 3/4 tsp
- Soda bicarb – 3/4 tsp
- Vanilla extract – 1/4 tsp
- Salt – 1 pinch
- Grease baking dish and dust it with wheat flour.
- While you start to make the cake batter, pre heat the oven with the low rack in it at 180 degree celsius.
- Combine wheat flour, milk powder, salt, baking powder and soda bicarb and sieve it three times so everything combines well together.
- In a separate bowl, take fresh milk cream, powdered sugar, curd and 1/2 teacup milk. Whisk all the ingredients for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Now add vanilla extract and mix well.
- Slowly incorporate dry mixture and grated carrot. Make sure everything combines together, add milk according to need.
- The batter should be smooth and of dropping consistency.
- Transfer the cake batter to the greased baking dish and tap it lightly so that the batter spreads evenly.
- Now sprinkle grated carrot on top of the batter and press very lightly with your fingertips.
- Once the oven is preheated, place the baking dish in it and bake it for 55 minutes at 180 degree celsius.
- Check the cake with the fork if it comes out clean cake is ready, eles bake it for 5 more minutes.
- Take out the baking dish from the oven, after 10 minutes take out the cake from the container and cool it on wire rack.
- Cake is ready! Now it’s time to enjoy the healthy and delicious cake with the family and friends.