Gud Dhani is a traditional Indian sweet dish which is made on Ganesh Chaturthi and Dussehra. While my mother used to make this delicious sweet-snack on Ganesh Chaturthi, my in-laws family makes it on Dussehra.
It’s a fantastic, nutritious snack. Even if your family doesn’t make Gud Dhani as a tradition, you must try it and be sure it will be liked by family and friends. As the name suggests, it is made with ‘gud’ (jaggery).
- Wheat – 1 teacup
- Jaggery – 3/4 teacup
- Desi ghee – 1 tbsp
- Rinse wheat and sun dry it.
- After it dries completely it is ready to be used as an ingredient in Gud Dhani.
- Heat kadhai (wok) on a high flame.
- Put wheat in it and lower the flame.
- Keep stirring continuously.
- Wheat will puff up and the size will double.
- Switch off the flame and transfer the wheat grains onto a plate.
- Heat desi ghee in the kadhai, put jaggery, and keep stirring till it melts.
- Now put roasted wheat in it and mix well until everything combines together.
- Switch off the flame and let Gud Dhani cool.
- When Gud Dhani is still slightly warm, apply some ghee on palms and shape it into tiny laddus.
- Gud Dhani ka prasad is ready.