Many varieties of dips are available these days which are loaded with artificial colours and preservatives which harm our health. But, at home, we can make healthy and nutritious dips and indulge in them without worrying about the dangers of heavily processed foods. The best thing about homemade dips is that they are made with fresh ingredients and are totally free from preservative and artificial colour and the recipe is also very easy.
Sharing a very simple, easy and quick recipe to make capsicum and tomato dip.
This dip is unique in taste because of the roasted capsicum, roasted chilli and roasted tomato. Roasting adds extra flavour and enhances the taste. Freshly roasted cumin seeds and sesame seeds add a nice aroma to the dip.
This dip is versatile and can be used in many ways.
Serving idea –
- Serve this mouthwatering dip with nachos, mathri and papadi.
- Enjoy this dip with steamed rice and dal.
- Use this as a spread on bread and pizza.
- Serve this dip with paratha, phulka and stuffed paratha.
- Serve with cucumber, carrot and beetroot sticks.
- Small capsicum – 1
- Big tomato – 1
- Processed cheese – 1 cube
- Green chilli – 1 or 2
- Ginger – ¼ “piece
- Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
- Cumin seeds – ¼ tsp
- Sesame seeds – ¼ tsp
- Olive oil – 1 tsp
- Salt according to taste.
- On a low flame, roast capsicum, tomato and chilli.
- Cool and peel the tomato and chop it .
- Peel capsicum and de-seed it and chop it ,
- Roast cumin and sesame seeds until colour changes to golden and nice aroma is obtained.
- Cut cheese into small pieces.
- Chop ginger and green chilli.
- Take chopped capsicum, tomato, green chilli and ginger in the mixer jar, Add salt, red chilli powder, cumin seeds and sesame seeds and blend it until smooth.
- Dish out and squeeze lemon juice and mix well .
- Drizzle some olive oil on it.
- Lip smacking dip is ready to serve with your favourite accompaniment.