Did you know that all parts of zucchini are edible (flesh, seeds and peel)? Zucchini is low in calorie and high in dietary fiber, hence a great supplement to everyday meals, even if it’s in the form of a simple raita.
Curd – 2 and a half cups
Grated zucchini – 1 cup
Roasted jeera powder – 1/2 tsp
Red chilli powder – 1/4 tsp
Finely chopped green chili – 1 (optional)
Salt according to taste
- Wash zucchini properly.
- Without removing the peel, grate the zucchini.
- Put grated zucchini in a pressure cooker, add 1 tsp water to it, close the lid and pressure cook on high flame.
- After one whistle, switch off the flame, allow the zucchini to cool.
- Churn curd, add zucchini, roasted jeera powder, red chili powder and salt. Mix properly.
- If you like your raita spicy, add chopped green chilies.
- Dish out and garnish raita by sprinkling little red chilli powder, roasted jeera powder and coriander leaves.