What are pumpkin seeds?
- Pumpkin seeds are called kaddu ke beej in Hindi.
- Pumpkin seeds are the only seeds that are alkaline forming, have chewy texture and sweet nutty flavour.
- Pumpkin seeds are full of nutrition and very delicious and can be enjoyed in many ways.
- To get complete nutrients from pumpkin seeds, dry roast the seeds and grind in a mixer and make a powder, grounded seeds are easily absorbed by the body.
Culinary uses of pumpkin seeds:
- Roasted pumpkin seeds can be enjoyed as healthy snacks.
- Pumpkin seeds are used in biscuits, cookies, gravies, baked vegetables, salads, dishes made from rice, raita and butter milk.
- Blend and make puree of raw pumpkin seeds and use in gravies and soups.
Health benefits of pumpkin seeds:
- Reduces levels of LDL cholesterol, prevents kidney stone formation, reduces inflammation for arthritis, stabilizes blood sugar, protects against osteoporosis and boosts heart health.
- Pumpkin seeds are a good source of anti-oxidants, protein, fiber, B vitamins, vitamin E, vitamin K, phosphorus, magnesium, manganese, iron, copper and zinc.
- Raw pumpkin seeds are rich in vitamin K, which helps to prevent blood clot formations.