If our body doesn’t get enough iron, we can end up with various health problems like memory loss, irregular heartbeat and a weakened immune system. To keep our mental and physical health in order, we must include iron rich food in our diet.
In this post, I am sharing the recipe of chocolate cookies which is made of aata and oats. Both of these ingredients are healthy.
Ingredients for 24 to 26 cookies –
- Aata ( whole wheat flour) – 125 gm
- Oats – 3+ 1 tbsp
- Cocoa powder – 1 tbsp
- Powdered sugar – 7 tbsp
- Desi ghee (clarified butter) – 8 tbsp
- Baking powder – 1/2 tsp
- Soda bicarbonate – 1/8 tsp
- Milk 3 to 4 tbsp
- Seive aata, cocoa powder, baking powder and soda bicarbonate three times, so that everything combines properly.
- Now add powdered sugar, 3 tbsp oats and ghee; and combine everything together.
- Add milk as needed and knead the mixture like dough.
- Cover and keep it to rest for 5 minutes.
- Now divide the dough equally and make small, lemon sized balls and shape the cookies as desired.
- Now sprinkle one pinch oats on every cookie and press it with finger tips.
- Grease baking tray with ghee and arrange all the cookies in it.
- At 180 degree temperature, preheat the oven with the lower rack in it.
- Once the oven is pre-heated. keep the cookies tray in it and bake the cookies for 20 minutes.
- Check cookies with toothpick. If it comes out clear, cookies are ready. If the toothpick has dough sticking to it, bake the cookies for 3 to 4 minutes more.
- Once done, take out tray from the oven.
- Cookies are ready to eat.
- After the cookies have cooled completely, store in an air tight container.