Rajgira is called Amaranth in English and is an excellent fasting food. A variety of dishes can be made out of it. I am sharing a sweet dish made of rajgira – Rajgira ka Sheera, with you here.
Generally this dish is made with Rajgira flour. But with my recipe you can make it instantly with ready to use puffed Rajgira which is easily available in the market.
- To read about the health benefits of Rajgira, please click the link Rajgira and Shakarakand ke parathe.
- I used a 175 ml teacup for measuring.
Now, let’s see how to make Rajgira ka sheera.
Ingredients – ( For 2 servings)
- Puffed Rajgira – 2 cups
- Desi ghee – 2 tbsp
- Sugar – 3 tbsp
- Almond (badam) – 4
- Cashew nut (kaju) – 4
- Raisin (kishmish) – 10 to 12
- Water – 2 cups
- Take two cups water in a pan and boil it.
- Heat desi ghee in a kadhai (wok), and fry the badam and kaju in it. Remove in a plate and keep aside.
- Now add the puffed rajgira in the same kadhai and sauté on low flame for two minutes till it turns light golden in colour.
- Now slowly add boiling water and sugar. Keep stirring till all the water evaporates and mixture thickens with everything combining together.
- Add cardamom powder and mix well.
- Switch off the flame.
- Dish out sheera in the serving bowl and garnish with badam, kaju and kishmish.
- Serve it hot.