This is a colorful, fun dish that kids will love! This is good news because children need loads of iron-rich food for steady mental and physical growth. Children with iron-deficiency are prone to restlessness and irritability. By including iron-rich ingredients in their daily diet in a creative way (such as this raita), kids will willingly eat and cherish their meals.
The highlight of this recipe is beetroot. This raita is simple and easy to make.
- Thick curd – 1 tea cup
- Grated beetroot – 2 tbsp
- Spinach – 15 to 20 leaves
- Roasted jeera powder – 1/2 tsp
- Red chili powder – 1/4 tsp
- Salt according to taste.
- Blanch spinach for 1 minute in 1/4 cup boiling water. Take out the spinach from the water.
- Now blanch grated beetroot in same water for 1 minute, switch off the flame and allow it to cool.
- Finely chop the blanched spinach.
- Whisk curd, add beetroot (along with water) and spinach.
- Now add roasted jeera powder, red chilli powder and salt, mix well.
- Transfer the raita to a serving bowl.
- Colorful, tasty, healthy and nutritional beetroot raita is ready to serve.