Mango kalakand is made with a combination of paneer, soft khoya and fresh mango pulp. This delicious sweet can be made on all the special occasions and festivals in the Mango season. It is also the perfect sweet during fasting / vrat. The recipe is very easy and simple.
Ingredients: (14 to 16 pieces )
- Half litre full cream milk to make to make paneer, (see link )
- Half litre full cream milk to make soft khoya, (see link )
- Mango pulp – 1 tea cup
- Sugar – 1/2 tea cup
- Cardamom powder – 1/4 tsp
- Pistachios – 6 to 8
- Almonds – 6 to 8
- Chop pistachios and almonds
- Make paneer and khoya
- Grease the tray to set kalakand
- Take mango pulp in a heavy bottom kadhai and bring it to boil.
- Now add crumbled paneer, soft khoya and sugar in the kadhai. Stir continuously until the consistency becomes thick. Once done, switch off the flame.
- Add cardamom powder and mix properly.
- Transfer the mixture to the greased plate and spread evenly, keep the thickness upto ½ inch.
- Garnish with chopped pistachios and almonds. Press lightly with finger tips and keep aside. It takes 3 to 4 hours to set mango kalakand.
- After it is set, put desired cut marks.
- The texture of mango kalakand is very soft, so delicately remove each piece and keep in an air tight container.
Mango kalakand does not have shelf life so store in refrigerator and finish within a week.