Raw mangoes are green in color and sour in taste. They are an excellent source of vitamin C, which is beneficial in strengthening immune system. They are also good source of vitamin , which are beneficial to maintain good health. Along with those they contain vitamin A and E, which maintain the hormonal system.
The simple and easy way to consume raw mango is to prepare a fresh sour aam panna or khatta meetha aam panna.
Aam panna is a very popular tangy summer cooler and it is a great remedy for heat stroke and dehydration. It saves us from heat and keeps us cool and maintain our body temperature. Khatta and meetha kairi ka panna is slightly tangy, sour and sweet in taste.
Raw mango — 3 to 4 medium size
Jaggery — 3/4 cup
Green chilli — 2
Ginger — 1/4″ piece
Pepper powder — 1/4 tsp
Roasted jeera powder — 1/2 tsp
Black salt — 1/2 tsp
Hing — 1 pinch
Salt according to taste.
Salted boondi for garnishing.
- Rinse raw mangoes in water.
- Peel and cut the mangoes and remove the kernels.
- Pressure cook the mangoes, green chilli, and ginger along with 1/4 cup water for two whistles and let it cool
- Now add jaggery, cumin powder, black salt and common salt to it
- Blend the mixture to make smooth pulp and then sieve it
- You can store this pulp in air tight container for 4 to 5 days in refrigerator
To make the drink
- In one glass put 2 to 3 tbsp mango pulp and pour chilled water
- If required add salt to it
- Garnish with salted boondi
Hing, roasted jeera powder, black pepper and black salt add great flavour to this summer cooler tangy drink. Jaggery enhances the taste and gives it a nice golden colour. Finally, salted boondi adds a crunchy taste to it.
Adjust the quantity of jaggery and salt according to taste. With this khatta meetha panna you can enjoy pani puri also.