A bowl full of mixed vegetable soup is healthy and full of nutrition. In fact, the recipe I am sharing here contains lots of minerals, including iron. Our body needs iron to maintain a steady flow of energy. Iron also helps our muscles to store oxygen.
This delicious mixed vegetable soup is comfort food, made with simple ingredients that are easily available in every Indian kitchen.
Ingredients for 2 to 3 servings –
- Lauki (bottle gourd) diced – 1 tea cup
- Tomatoes medium size – 3
- Carrot diced – 1/2 tea cup
- Beetroot diced – 1/2 tea cup
- Oats – 2 tbsp
- Ginger – 1/4″ piece
- Green chilli – 1
- Sugar – 1 tbsp
- Black pepper powder – 1/4 tsp
- Cream – 1 tsp
- Butter (small cubes) – 3 to 4
- Salt according to taste.
- Mini suji toast as requried.
- Fresh coriander leaves for garnishing.
- Pressure cook bottle gourd, tomatoes, carrot, beetroot, ginger and green chili in one 1 tea cup water.
- After one whistle, lower the flame and cook for another 3 to 5 minutes. Switch off the flame once done and keep it aside to let it cool.
- Once cooled, mix it all together in a blender and strain the liquid. Add water to adjust the consistency of the soup as required.
- Now boil the soup on medium flame. Add salt, sugar and pepper powder, mix well.
- Once soup comes to a boil, add raw oats and let it simmer for one minute, switch off the flame.
Serving suggestion –
- Pour soup in an attractive bowl, garnish it with cream, butter and coriander leaves.
- Serve hot hot soup with mini suji toast.
Hot hot mixed vegetable soup is perfect for cold cold winter evenings.