Aam Panna is a popular Indian summer drink. It is a unique drink packed with various tastes into one – sour, spicy, tangy!
The drink is made with raw mangoes, mint leaves and coriander leaves. An added bonus of making this drink is that you can bring home ready made ‘puris’ / ‘puchkas’ / ‘gol gappas’ and enjoy a scrumptious plate of ‘pani puri’ at home.
Raw mango pulp – 1cup
Mint leaves (pudina) – 1/4 cup
Coriander leaves – 1/4 cup
Black salt – 1/4 tsp
Rock salt – 1/2tsp
Roasted jeera powder – 1/2tsp
Black pepper – 8 to 1o
Cloves – 2 to 3
Cinnamon stick – 1/4″piece
Green chilies – 1 or 2
Ginger – 1/4″piece
Hing – 1 pinch
Salted boondi – 1/4 cup
Salt as required
- Wash green mangoes properly, peel and cut them into pieces. Pressure cook the mangoes along with 1/4 cup water. After one whistle, switch off the flame.
- After the boiled mangoes are cooled, mash them gently.
- Dry roast black pepper, cloves and cinnamon stick.
- Grind together mint leaves, coriander leaves, green chillies, ginger, hing and roasted spices into a fine paste. Mix this mixture with mashed mangoes.
- Add 2 glasses of water and strain the mixture.
- Add black salt, rock salt and roasted jeera powder. Mix everything to arrive at a suitable consistency.
- If required add some salt.
- To add some crunch, add boondi while serving.
Make aam panna 3 or 4 hours before serving and keep in refrigerator to chill it.