’tis the season for indulging in some choco chip cookies!
Cookies are a very comforting snack. Both – kids and adults – love nice, warm, home-baked cookies.
This Christmas, make delicious and healthy puffed rajgira and aata cookies at home. Top them with some choco chips to add some extra love. It would be a lot of fun if you bake these cookies with your kids or grandkids – if they are at home for their Christmas holidays!
The recipe is very easy. While baking the cookies, let them get slight cracks on the top. This will give a nice, crunchy texture to the cookies.
Read the health benefits of Rajgira in this post.
Ingredients for 40 cookies.
- Aata (whole wheat flour) – 125 gm
- Puffed rajgira (Amaranth) – 3/4 tea cup
- Powdered sugar – 3/4 tea cup
- Butter at room temperature – 3/4 tea cup
- Vanilla essence – 1/4 tsp
- Baking powder – 1/2 tsp
- Soda bicarbonate – 1/8 tsp
- Choco chips – 2 tbsp
- Salt – 1 pinch
- Milk – 1 to 2 tsp
- Few drops desi ghee to grease the baking tray.
- Teacup used to measure is of 225 ml.
- I have used homemade butter.
- Sieve aata, baking powder, soda bicarbonate and salt three times so that everything combines properly.
- Take butter, sugar and vanilla essence in a bowl and combine together. Now add aata and puffed rajgira to this.
- Knead the mixture like roti dough. (add 1 to 2 tsp milk only if necessary)
- Keep the dough to rest for 5 minutes.
- Now divide the dough equally and make small lemon sized balls and shape the cookies as desired.
- Top each cookie with 4 to 5 choco chips and press gently with fingertips.
- Grease the baking tray with desi ghee and arrange cookies in it, leave little space in-between.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees with the lower rack in it.
- Once the oven is preheated, keep the cookie tray in it and set to bake for 20 minutes.
- Do the toothpick test after 20 mins. If the dough sticks to the toothpick, bake cookies again for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Once done, take out the tray from the oven and allow it to cool.
- Cookies are ready to serve.
- After cookies cool down, completely store in an air tight container.