Dhania Ki Panjiri is a Janmashtmi Special delicacy which is very tasty and full of nutrition. It is also very easy to make.
Dhania powder – 1 cup
Makhane – 1/2 cup
Gond (gum resin) – 1tbsp
Ajwain (carom seeds) – 1tsp
Saunth powder – 1tsp
(dry ginger powder)
Grated dry coconut – 1/4 cup
Cashewnuts (kaju) – 8 to 10
Almonds (badam) – 8 1o 10
Melon seeds – 1tbsp
Bura or powdered sugar – 3/4 cup
Cardamom powder – 1/2tsp
Desi ghee -1/4 cup
1. Cut makhane into small pieces, chop kaju and badam, and grate dry coconut,
2. Dry roast melon seeds on medium flame, cook till they start to crackle. Switch off the flame and keep melon seeds aside.
3. Heat 1tbsp ghee in a pan, add makhane and keep stirring. Cook on medium flame till it becomes crispy.
4. In a kadhai add 1/4 cup ghee, heat it on medium flame. Deep fry gond in it, gond fluffs up to almost double the size. Quickly take it out of ghee. When gond cools down, crush it.
5. In the same ghee put dhania powder, saunth powder and ajwain. Roast on slow flame for 8 to 10 minutes. When a nice aroma is obtained, switch off the flame and add grated coconut, chopped kaju, badam, fried gond and makhane. Mix everything properly and allow it to cool.
6. When mixture cools down completely, mix bura and cardamom powder to it.
Dhania ki panjiri is ready to offer as prasad for Laddu gopal