Cakes are everyone’s favourite and when we make this with healthy and nutritious ingredients everyone can relish cakes without guilt.
To make this mouthwatering Cranberry and Walnut Cake, I have used aata (whole wheat flour) which is always a better option than maida (refined flour). I have given a healthy and delicious twist to this cake by combining mixed fruit juice, crunchy walnuts and cranberries.
Cranberry and walnut cake looks very attractive so there is no need for icing this cake with cream and sugar, this is one more reason why this cake is healthier in comparison to other sugar-loaded cakes.
Delicious and healthy cranberry and walnut cake is perfect for all occasions and celebrations.
The recipe to bake cranberry and walnut cake is very simple and easy. I promise that once you bake this cake and keep on the table for friends and family, it will vanish within a few minutes 🙂
Teacup which I used to measure is of 125 ml.
To make cake I have used cake tin of 8” by 4”.
- Aata (whole wheat flour) – 1 tea cup
- Suji (semolina) – 1 tbsp
- Crushed akhrot (walnut) -¼ tea cup
- Dry cranberries (karonda) – ½ tea cup
- Mix fruit juice – ½ tea cup
- Milk – ½ tea cup
- Butter – ½ tea cup
- Powdered sugar – ½ tea cup
- Baking powder – ½ tsp
- Soda bicarbonate – ½ tsp
- Vanilla essence – ¼ tsp
- Curd – 2 tbsp
- Salt – 1 pinch
- Cinnamon powder – ⅛ tsp
- Crush walnuts and cranberries into small pieces.
- Grease baking dish and dust it with wheat flour.
- Combine wheat flour, semolina, cinnamon powder, baking powder, soda bicarbonate and salt. Sieve this mix three times, so everything combines properly.
- Reserve few cranberries and walnuts to sprinkle on the cake batter, roll the rest in 2 tbsp wheat flour.
- In a bowl, take butter and sugar, whisk it until it turns smooth and creamy.
- Now add curd and mixed fruit juice, and whisk it for one minute.
- Add all the dry ingredients and fold everything together, add milk according to need and make a smooth batter of dropping consistency.
- Add vanilla essence, cranberries and walnuts, and fold them together.
- Transfer the batter to the greased baking dish.
- Tap the dish lightly so that batter spreads evenly.
- Sprinkle cranberries and walnuts on top of the batter and press them lightly with the fingertips.
- Once the oven is preheated, place the dish on the lower rack and bake the cake for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Check the cake after 35 minutes with the fork. If it comes out clean, the cake is ready, else bake it for five more minutes.
- Take out the baking dish from the oven and let it cool for 10 minutes.
- Now demold the cake from the container and cool it on a wire rack.
- After cake cools down, cut it into slices.