Let’s welcome Christmas and new year with blackcurrant muffins and spread sweetness around. These cute little, super moist and spongy muffins are soft and smooth in texture and are fully loaded with the delicious taste of blackcurrant berries. The recipe to make blackcurrant muffins is very simple and easy.
Ingredients for eight muffins
The teacup which I used to measure is of 125 ml.
- Maida (refined wheat flour) – 1 tea cup
- Oats – ½ tea cup
- Suji (semolina) – ¼ tea cup
- Fresh cream – ½ tea cup
- Milk – ½ tea cup
- Curd – 3 tbsp
- Powdered sugar – ¼ tea cup
- Blackcurrant crush – ½ tea cup
- Chopped black currants – 25 to 30
- Baking powder – ½ tsp
- Soda bicarbonate – ¼ tsp
- Vanilla essence – ¼ tsp
- Salt – 1 pinch
- Desi ghee (clarified butter) to grease the moulds.
- Sieve maida three times along with baking powder, soda bicarbonate, and salt, so that everything combines properly.
- Now add oats and suji to this mixture and mix everything evenly.
- In a bowl, take fresh cream, powdered sugar, curd and black currant crush, and whisk it for two minutes.
- Now add the flour mixture and gently fold everything together, add milk as required to make a creamy smooth batter of dropping consistency.
- Add 15 to 20 chopped black currant berries to the batter and fold the mixture.
- Grease the muffin moulds with ghee and pour batter into each mould; fill it upto ¾th .
- Lightly tap the moulds so that batter spreads evenly.
- Top the batter with black currants and press lightly with fingertips.
- Meanwhile, preheat a convection oven at 180-degree centigrade with the low rack in it.
- Once the oven is preheated, place the moulds on the low rack and bake muffins for 25 minutes or until they turn light brown.
- Check the muffins with the fork or toothpick, if it comes out clean muffins are ready.
- Remove muffins moulds from the oven and let them cool.
- After 10 minutes, demould the muffins.
- Muffins are ready to serve!
Relish delicious black currant muffins with friends and family.
- If using silicone cup molds for baking, make sure you use silicon moulds which are of good quality and are FDA approved food grade silicone moulds.