Oats are one of the healthiest breakfast cereals that have numerous health benefits and are loaded with nutrition. Here are some key health benefits of oats:
- Oats are a good source of minerals, vitamins and proteins which build strong bones and muscles.
- Oats area good source of antioxidants known as avenanthramides, which reduce the risk of colon cancer.
- Oats are a good source of carbohydrates which provide immediate energy.
- Oats are low in calories.
- Oats are high in soluble fibre which relieves constipation.
- Beta glucan present in oats has numerous health benefits – it reduces cholesterol, blood sugar and improves immunity.
- Oatmeal is very filling so it helps in weight loss. Always use plain oats and avoid flavoured oatmeal because it is loaded with sugar.
- Oats lowers the risk of heart disease by reducing cholesterol.
- Oats aid in normalizing blood pressure.
- Oats lower the risk of type 2 diabetes.
After knowing so many health benefits of oats, I am sure you would like to include oats in your daily diet. In this post, I am sharing a healthy and delicious recipe of oats soaked overnight. This is a no cook recipe, popularly served for breakfast. The preparation for this breakfast begins at night.
Simply take oats and milk in a mason jar or a glass bowl, mix well and keep in the refrigerator overnight. In the morning, the oats mixture looks soft, thick and creamy like a pudding. Before serving, top it with your favourite fruits and dry fruits, and serve it chilled. For sweetening, dizzle some honey or add 1 tea spoon maple syrup or just add 1/2 a tea spoon powdered sugar.
Ingredients – for 2 servings
- Oats – 1 tea cup
- Milk – 1 + 1/2 tea cup
- Powdered sugar- 1/2 tea spoon
- Mango chunks – 1 tea cup
- Almond – 3 to 5
- Pistachios -3to5
- Cashews – 3 to 5
- Raisins – 10 to 15
- In the mason jar take oats and milk, mix well and keep in the refrigerator for overnight.
- Before serving it for breakfast, add powdered sugar and mix well.
- Top it with chilled mango chunks.
- Garnish it with chopped nuts and raisins.
- Serve it immediately.