Ladies finger or okra is commonly known as bhindi. It is full of nutrition and has amazing health benefits of which I am mentioning a few
- Bhindi is low in calories and high in fibre, which helps in lowering blood sugar levels, it’s also a natural home remedy for constipation
- It increases metabolic rate and flushes out all the toxins from our body
- It contains soluble fibre called pectin, which lowers the bad cholesterol
- Vitamin A and beta carotene present in bhindi improves eyesight
- It prevents Iron deficiency, by managing hemoglobin level,
- It’s rich in vitamin C which boost immunity.
For this simple and easy recipe of bharwan bhindi, always take fresh and tender bhindis. I have used hung curd and oats for stuffing. Roasted saunf, ajwain and jeera powder add a very nice aroma and flavor. Chilli powder and amchoor powder add tanginess and spice to this delicious bharwan bhindi.
Ingredients for 20 to 25 medium sized lady fingers.
Bhindi – 20 to 25
Hung curd – 2tbsp
Oats – 2tbsp
Haldi powder – 1tbsp
Dhania powder – 1tbsp
Red chilli powder – 1/2tsp
Amchoor powder – 1/2tsp
Hing – 1 pinch
Saunf – 1tsp
Ajwani – 1/4tsp
Jeera – 1/4tsp
Salt according to taste
Cooking oil – 1tbsp
- Wash bhindi, strain water and wipe properly with kitchen towel. Make sure that the bhindis are completely dry.
- Trim the bhindis from both the ends and slit without breaking
- Dry roast saunf, ajwani and jeera. Crush into coarse powder
- Now combine and mix hung curd, oats, roasted spice powder, dhania powder, chilli powder, amchoor powder, haldi, hing and salt.
- Now stuff the masala into all the bhindis.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in kadahi and put stuffed bhindis. Stir very lightly till oil coats all the bhindis. Cover the lid and cook for 2 to 3 minutes on slow flame.
- Flip stuffed bhindis. Cover the lid and cook till it is done and keep stirring in between.
- Dish out and serve with phulkas and parathas.
Stuffed bhindi in microwave –
In microwave it takes 5 to 6 minutes to prepare stuffed bhindi.
- After stuffing bhindis, brush them will oil
- Place stuffed bhindis in microwave safe glass bowl and cover the bowl with lid.
- Microwave on high for 2 minutes,
- Take out the bowl and stir the bhindis, and then microwave it for another 2 minutes,
- Check the bhindis. If it is not done, then microwave it for another 1 or 2 minutes.
- Now remove the lid and microwave it for 1 minute
- Stuffed bhindi is ready to serve.