Bread is very popular and it is enjoyed worldwide. Different types of yummy sandwiches made with bread can are a breakfast favorite. Kids also love different types of sandwiches in their lunch box.
Bread is easily available in the market, but still homemade bread is far more hygienic and hence better for consumption. Making bread at home is very easy and the recipe is very simple. Here I am sharing brown bread recipe, which is made with wheat flour. It’s very healthy and you can eat this without feeling guilty!
To make one small loaf take a bread tin of 8″ by 4″. From one loaf 12 to 14 slices can be cut.
Ingredients for 12 to 14 slices:
Wheat flour (aata) – 250 gm
Warm milk – 100 ml
Water – 50 ml
Active dry yeast – 1tsp
Sugar – 1 tsp
Salt – 1/2 tsp
Oil – 2 tbsp
Oats – 3 tbsp
Curd – 2 tbsp
Sesame seeds (til) – 1/2 tsp
1. Mix water and milk together and warm it.
2. Take wheat flour in the mixing bowl, make space in the centre, add yeast, salt, sugar, curd, oats and 1 tbsp oil and combine everything properly.
3. Add warm mixture of water and milk according to need and knead the flour into a soft and sticky dough.
4. Apply some oil on palms and keep kneading and gently punching the dough.
5. While kneading and punching add remaining 1 tbsp oil.
6. Continue kneading for 5 to 7 minutes or till the dough becomes soft, smooth, pliable and slightly sticky.
7. Take the bread tin, grease it and dust it with wheat flour.
8. Shape the dough into the shape of the container and settle it in.
9. Sprinkle sesame seeds on the dough and press it lightly with your fingers.
10. Cover the container with clean kitchen towel and keep in a warm place for 2 to 3 hours. The dough will ferment and double up in size.
11. Keep a low rack in oven and preheat the oven to 200 degrees centigrade. After the oven is preheated keep the bread tin in it and bake it for 20 minutes.
12. Remove the bread from the oven and brush some ghee on the bread, this gives a shine.
13. After 10 minutes, remove the bread from the container and keep it on a rack to cool down.
14. After bread cools completely, it is ready for slicing.
In winter season, cover the dough container and keep in a warm place along with one bowl of hot water next to it.
You can sprinkle the dough with flax seeds, pumpkin seeds, etc as well.